Boston Artificial Grass and Synthetic Turf Landscaping – Manufactured by Act Global in the USA
We cater to Boston!
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Boston, is the 23rd highest populated city within the United States. It’s the seat of Suffolk County and full of history,ranging from the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party and the Siege of Boston.
Boston is also home to the Boston Red Sox baseball team and Fenway Park, built in 1912. (Fenway Park is the oldest, professional baseball stadium still currently in use.)
Interesting to note: Prevalent within the city of Boston is signature triple-storey homes, over a century old.
Those that have lived in Boston for quite some time (perhaps a generation or more) would have noticed how increased pollution levels and climate change have affected their prior green lawns. Artificial grass will solve the problem to yellow, undernourished lawns and greens present in the city today.
Dealing with The Problem of Soil Contamination in the City of Boston
Boston have had many serious issues with soil contamination over the years, especially in regards to maintaining its 175+ community gardens. Thousands of dollars are spent annually by the city to add more gardens and renovate existing ones.
Studies conducted on patches of garden soil in the inner-city in the 1980’s indicated contamination and pollution of zinc, copper, nickel, cadmium, and most importantly, lead.
The issue: Soil contamination affects lawns and greens, and the overall health of grass.
Lead pollution is mostly due to paints used in the past. This issue arose due to those old signature houses we mentioned earlier, which were painted with it. The problem is further worsened by gardeners using lead-arsenate pesticides, despite restrictions.
To improve the quality of Boston’s soil, the EPS put down guidelines in regards to safe urban gardening. Essentially since the risk of lead contamination affects children who love putting dirty fingers in their mouths, after playing on lawns and in playgrounds.
(EPA regulations state the hazard standard for children’s playgrounds and schoolyards is 400 ppm of lead.)
Why Choose a Synthetic Lawn
The installation of synthetic turf at home gives one the peace of mind that the kids and pets are safe, and playing in a 100% lead-free environment. (Artificial grass is environmentally friendly, and doesn’t require poisonous insecticides.)
- There is no need to bring in fresh soil to make fake grass thrive if your soil is contaminated. Nor does one have to purchase expensive fertilizers in an attempt to neutralize affected soil. Actually, there is no maintenance required for a synthetic lawn – no mowing and no watering.
- Water savings occur with the ability to claim water rebates. Save more as fertilizers, insecticides, and gardening services are not necessary.
- Aesthetic Value: Artificial grass looks just as amazing as the sports field turf at Fenway Park, or the putting greens of any golf estate.
Dealing with Boston’s Climate and Its Effect on Grass
According to ‘Best Places’, Boston experiences 200 sunny days yearly, with temperatures during the height of summer, (July) peaking at 82˚. This makes for amazing outdoor recreational activities, such as a barbecue with friends and family.
In addition, Boston is above average when it comes to rain and snowfall, experiencing 79 days of rain yearly, measuring 49 inches. (10 inches more than the national average.) Snowfall measures in at 52 inches, while the rest of the country only has 26 inches.
Snow and too much rain spell trouble for any landscape turf. Your lawn will die when covered by too much snow, and when it melts, there is excess water everywhere. (The same applies to rain.)
Why an Artificial Lawn Can Be the Answer
- Synthetic grass is 100% environmentally friendly. One need not worry about adding to pollution, as insecticides and fertilizers are a thing of the past.
- Fake grass has no roots, therefore rotting that causes fungus and insects are of no concern.
- Artificial grass needs no air or oxygen to look good in all weather conditions, year after year.
- Synthetic lawns will never discolor, and it UV protected
In Conclusion: The Benefits of Turfscape Artificial Grass & Synthetic Lawns
- Green lawn all year round: Synthetic grass and artificial lawns stay green 365 days a year.
- Child & animal friendly: Artificial grass is child, pet, dog and cat friendly.
- Great environmental benefits: Artificial grass and synthetic turf saves water, eliminating the need for pesticides and fertilizers.
- Low maintenance: Homeowners no longer need to purchase expensive mowing equipment, or mow their lawns.
- Saves water: A typical synthetic lawn of 1,800 square feet of artificial grass can save up to 56,000 gallons of water a year, which means the city of Albuquerque can save millions of gallons of water a year.
- US manufactured: Turfscape artificial grass is made by a USA manufacturer; one of the world’s largest.
- Increase property value: Synthetic turf and artificial grass is a long-term investment which increase the value of your property. Therefore, ensure your lawn’s artificial grass is bought from the best, with a full manufacturer’s warranty.
- ISP 9001 friendly manufacturer: Don’t buy cheap. Imitation fake grass products are amply available. Turfscape synthetic turf and artificial grass are although made in an ISO 9001 factory, have been tested to ASTM quality methods, and has PROVEN durability and UV protection against long-term fading or failing.
Artificial turf or synthetic grass is the perfect solution for yards, lawns of any size, pets, playgrounds, landscaping, putting greens (golf) and multiple sports field turf uses.
Cost: The cost of synthetic lawns for greens, front or back yards, playgrounds and sport fields will depend upon the area size, and the type of turf selected. Kindly contact us for a full consultation and advice.
Turfscape Artificial Grass & Synthetic Turf
– The look good and feel real solution to fake grass –
Our Boston metropolitan service area includes Lexington, Sharon, Sudbury, Newton, Wayland, Belmont, Boxborough, Wellesley, Brookline, Weston, Winchester, Cambridge, Acton, Cochituate, Hopkinton, Medfield, Natick, Carlisle, Needham, Andover, and Westford.
Old Station Outdoor & Landscape Supply, Inc.
Your Local Turfscape Partner Servicing The Greater Boston Area
Emerson Martins – (508) 622-1698 Ext. 101
Call or email to get your FREE quote today!